20081113

Uncertanty in an uncertain time

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, are the first set of meetings to begin the process of the next major transition on the network i work on. It's a pretty big network, so there is going to be a lot of work to be done - especially in the time frame they are wanting. But the big thing for me is that the company i work for did not win the contract for this next phase. :/ I am not overly worried as my "handlers" have expressed the desire that the entire team i work with be picked up by the incoming company(ies). This could take up to eighteen months. Not great, but as long as i am drawing a paycheck and i have a place to work that is a good thing. Besides, once we get through this transition process i can have a job for at least the next ten years - baring some unforeseen event. That is a great thing. On a bummer note - I found out that my application for a government position didn't even make it through the screening process. I have a pretty good peace about it though. Which is amazing for me. There was more... but i am out of time for today...

No comments: