20081022

Odds and ends

For the past week or so i've had, what i feel, to be a pretty good blog subject - i just can't seem to pull it together. Both my home and professional life have shifted into a higher gear. At home the deck is coming along. I've already updated the status on that not long ago, but suffice it to say that if things keep going as they have been it should be completed by Thanksgiving. Last night i mowed the grass for what i hope to be the last time of the season. I also trimmed back the bushes so that the branches were not as full to catch snow and damage them over the winter. Once this is done i need to move indoors and paint both of the boys bedrooms. All these projects, plus the routine of all three kids being in school and some after school activities has left me "dizzy" for lack of a better word coming to mind. At work one of my co-workers moved on to "bigger and better things" leaving us a man short. Another co-worker has so much vacation time that he has to take every Monday off from now through the end of the year so as to not lose any. My boss is in a similar situation - who i cover for while he is out. I am very grateful to have a job, but it keeps one busier than usual. Two things i am fairly happy about... one is that Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been 'renewed' for an entire season. That is originally Fox only ordered 13 episodes, but it was announced last night that they have ordered another 9 episodes. Yes! lol I have enjoyed this series as it continues to develop across the series. Sarah is learning that John is growing up - and as parents don't we all have to come to this realization some time? Our job is to prepare out children to stand and go out on their own. John is learning how to spread his wings. Even Cameron (the terminator assigned to protect John seems to be 'evolving', learning. Even some of the 'background' characters are growing. The other thing i am somewhat excited about is that Fallout 3 is released next Tuesday. It has been a very long time since i was able to sit down and just play a game - and that will not be changing all that much after Tuesday either. That's ok, but i hope to get a chance to play and explore the game some. One delay in my anticipated participation of the game has been that this has been a 'bad' month in my savings account. My anticipated purchase of a personal laptop is going to be delayed. I am not bummed about this as i am hoping to take advantage of some 'Black Friday' deals. I was excited to learn that the system i would be looking for was going to be within reach of my budget, but i've been told that the prices should drop even more as the economy woes start affecting the Christmas shopping season. Good for us "consumers", not so much for the retailers. Verse for today: Psalm 109 : 26-28, ESV Help me, O Lord my God! Save me according to your steadfast love! Let them know that this is your hand; you, O Lord, have done it! Let them curse, but you will bless! They arise and are put to shame, but your servant will be glad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this verse john. it was very encouraging to me as i read it.