20081003

Football and/or Fallout Fridays

Ah the smell and feel of Fall. This is my absolute most favorite time of year. The colors, the temperatures, the knowledge that soon i will not have to cut my grass again for several months, and the sound of football on Sundays. When i was younger i loved sitting around and watching the Washington Redskins play. My first memory of the game was from when i lived with my father in Brooklyn, New York. I still remember pictures in my mind of seeing the game being played on his black and white screen. Not long after that he took me and my brother to our first NFL game. The Redskins had come to town to play the New York Giants. This how i became an NFL football fan. :) Now, as i grew older and moved to live with my mom i learned what it was like to be a ravenous football fan. I mean, the whole body gets involved, the emotions, the muscles, the whole body! It was too much for me and i started to 'fall away'. Until the NFL announced their decision to expand to 30 teams starting in 1995. I thought, "this is my chance to follow a team from its inception. No one can accuse me of being a bandwagon fan". Thus my 'love' for the Carolina Panthers. :) This weekend the Panthers play host to the Kansas City Chiefs. No offense to the Chiefs, but i really hope the Panthers are poor hosts and pretty much take the game to them. The Panthers have not done well at home under Coach Fox. I have no idea why this is the case, but there it is. And with the Panthers being a 9 point favorite, and the Chiefs having a hard time winning so far this year, it is the perfect opportunity for a Panther let down. :( May God grant each of you a peace and joy filled weekend. Verse for today: Psalm 11, ESV In the Lord I take refuge; how can you say to my soul, “Flee like a bird to your mountain, for behold, the wicked bend the bow; they have fitted their arrow to the string to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart; if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” [1]

The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord's throne is in heaven; his eyes see, his eyelids test the children of man. The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. Let him rain coals on the wicked; fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup. For the Lord is righteous; he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face.

No comments: