20081015

It has been a a long time

...since I felt 100%. :( For almost 4 weeks now i have been fighting a cold... but some have asked if it's allergies. To be honest, that would make more sense because colds just don't last so long! An unfortunate side affect has been me getting an upper respiratory infection, that and I've not been able to get to the gym in over a week. I was all set to go this morning until my "electric leash" went off at 0120. Then I couldn't get back to sleep until around 0230. I just reset the alarm and will try again tomorrow. I've also noticed that my blogging has slacked off lately. Oh well... it is, what it is. Last week i was getting more and more excited about the up coming Panthers vs. Buccaneers game. I really felt like, IF the Panthers could clear this hurdle, i could allow myself to get excited and perhaps get my hopes up for a post season, maybe even a NFC South title. But alas it was not to be. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers totally dominated the Panthers. Since i predominately "watch" the games through my cell phone it is hard to really see how these things play out, but even reading the play-by-play i could tell that the Bucs owned this game. The next test for the Panthers will be as they host the New Orleans Saints. Now, i have a slight confession to make - the Saints have always been a team a root for, when it does not conflict with my other team (Panthers now, Redskins in the past). There is just something in me that really pulls for the underdog - and the Saints have been bad for a long time, and the last few years they seemed to have pulled themselves up. So, even if the Panthers lose (again) this weekend, i will not be too all disappointed. Still - i really want the Panthers to win. Susan, i would like to make it a point of saying thatnk you for not rubbing it in! :) I have continued to follow the happenings of Fallout 3 as it gets closer to its release date. They finally released the recommended system specs for the PC version so i am keeping my eyes open for good deals on a laptop. I want to use the laptop for personal data keeping, story writing, the occasional vacation trip so the kids can play games and watch movies on the road, and for me to play Fallout 3. :) However, after looking around and asking a few people who are more savvy than i am, this purchase will wait until around Thanksgiving time. Nothing like trying to get in on the bargin shopping of Black Friday. Last week i decided to hire a handy man to help me get past a hurdle on my beloved's birthday present - a deck for the house. Some may remember that a couple of months back i was all excited about getting the post holes dug, but since then i have been "paralyzed" with trying to figure out how to do the posts - how high to pour the cement, etc. This guys was great and we were able to get all eight post holes (it is a free standing deal) prepped. My next step is to get the cement mixed and poured, and to dig four 12" trenches. Once that has been accomplished i will give my "handy man" a call back so he can square me away on the next phase. I will have to box out an access to a sump pump, but other than that it will be pretty straight forward. I really hope to get this finished by Christmas. :) I need to run for today... but it feels good to blog again. Verse for today: Proverbs 15 : 3-11, ESV The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. A gentle [1] tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit. A fool despises his father's instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is prudent. In the house of the righteous there is much treasure, but trouble befalls the income of the wicked. The lips of the wise spread knowledge; not so the hearts of fools. [2] The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but the prayer of the upright is acceptable to him. The way of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, but he loves him who pursues righteousness. There is severe discipline for him who forsakes the way; whoever hates reproof will die. Sheol and Abaddon lie open before the Lord; how much more the hearts of the children of man!

No comments: