20081028

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Listening to the news this morning you would have thought the end was near. "Oh no! the weather will be cold and windy today!" I know it's only October and all, but come on people this is the Fall after all. Winter is coming and the weather is bound to change. There's not even any snow coming our way! Relax people, we will have snow soon enough. For now just enjoy the opportunity to snuggle in your living rooms and enjoy someone's company. I took my lunch break to run down to GameStop to pick up my pre-ordered copy of Fallout 3 (PC) and the "Prima Collector's Edition Game Guide". I still do not have the laptop to play it on, but that's ok. Anyway... i walk into the mall and what greets my eyes but Christmas decorations! Now, i am not one who is turned off by this in general. For me it is a welcome diversion to all that is Halloween. I love Fall, i think i mentioned this before, but the one thing i am not fond of during this time of year is all of the Halloween things. I am not fond of horror movies, and i am not particularly fond of trick-or-treating. But that is me. I know there are many who enjoy the festivities, etc. so for the most part i keep my opinions of these things to myself. But when i saw the Christmas decorations i was, slightly, filled with joy. Not because of the mad retail season, but because we are ever closer to the season of celebrating the coming of the Christ. So dread not my heart - the Yule is coming! Verse for today: Luke 1 : 26-33, ESV In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed [2] to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!” [3] But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

No comments: