20081027

Music Monday - 20081027

What a weekend! I am very grateful to get back to work so i can recuperate. :) I got nothing done to move the deck project forward, but i was able to do so many other things with the family that it's all good. :) A quick safety tip: DON'T SHAKE WARM SODA CANS! By God's grace neither i, nor DS2, were injured while working on his science fair experiment. Part of it was seeing how much pressure a can of soda has when it is shaken at various temperatures. Long story short, the Coke can blew its top. I had soda in my hair, my eyes, my clothes. It was everywhere. We aborted the rest of that series of tests for safety reasons. I was lucky... i only received a slight cut to my hand. But my son LOVED it! LOL - boys Last week i mentioned in passing my concern over the possibility of my deceiving myself in regards to my relationship with Christ. I don't know about any readers out there, but i am concerned about my lack of 100% certainty in this regard. I've grown up seeing how "certain" people have been in various things. Certain that such-and-such was going to happen. Certain that they were going to do something. Then, in the end, the thing they were so certain was going to be... wasn't. I include myself in being certain of things. I mean, if one Jesus' disciples could do things like sell Him out after being with Him and see Him heal the sick, walk on water, feed the multiples, speak with such authority about the things of God... how can i be so sure that i would not do the very same thing? I feel love for my God Jesus Christ... and yet i feel my failures too... and there are times... sometimes whole "seasons"... were i feel i fail Him more than i please Him. Over the weekend the song i've picked for this week gave me some comfort...
My Savior My God from the album Anything Worth Saying I am not skilled to understand What God has willed, what God has planned I only know at his right hand Stands one who is my savior I take him at his word and deed Christ died to save me this I read And in my heart I find a need For him to be my savior That he would leave his place on high And come for sinful man to die You count it strange, so once did I Before I knew my savior My savior loves, my savior lives My savior's always there for me My God he was, my God he is My God he's always gonna be Yes, living, dying; let me bring My strength, my solace from this spring That he who lives to be my king Once died to be my savior That he would leave his place on high And come for sinful man to die You count it strange, so once did I Before I knew my savior My savior loves, my savior lives My savior's always there for me My God he was, My God he is My God he's always gonna be song journal - from the website

I was reading my "One Year Book of Hymns" and stumbled across a hymn entitled "I Am Not Skilled To Understand" whose words blew me away. I didn't bother searching for the melody: its obscurity indicated antiquity. So I started from scratch and sang it without the chorus for over a year at our church, which seemed to embrace it as it was. But I wanted to take it over he top. Sitting at a red light one night, a melody of excitement and a lyric that seemed to pull together the concept of Christ, my Advocate, always pleading my case, was born. And the song finally exploded on the chorus like I always knew it should. i do not understand everything, but I know that Jesus Christ loves me and is alive defending me. That calls for a big chorus.

-more thoughts in cd jacket

-=-=-=0=-=-=-

While running from one thing to another yesterday i was able to follow along with the Panthers game. For the first 3 quarters i was not a happy camper. The Cardinals were walking all over the Panthers. Then something happened... i was smiles. I was even able to watch the final three plays (William 16 yard run to secure a first down, and the two kneel downs by Jake). I know it was not much, but i really enjoyed watching that run. I looked over the Buccaneers and the Panthers schedule for the rest of the year. I am not going to judge who has the tougher schedule - but i am grateful for the one game lead the Panthers currently enjoy. The NFC South might come down to the final two weeks or so of the season! It makes the Monday night game the Bucs come to Charlotte all the more exciting for me! I have decided to not get my hopes up for the Super Bowl... i just want one thing for Christmas... and that is an NFC South championship for the Panthers! Verse for today: Isaiah 55 : 6-9, ESV “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great post, as usual! I love that song and feel like it speaks so many messages.

My gosh, I laughed about the coke can (after I found out you were ok of course!)---that happened in my office a few years back. Oh my gosh we were cleaning coke for weeks!!! But I can sure see my boys loving it.

:-) Susan