20080703

Why ask questions when you don't want to know the answer?

I know why Cable/Satellite TV do this, but I still get sucked into it. Lately Spike TV has been playing the six Star Wars movies over, and over, and over, and over... well, you get the idea. My beloved and I grew up loving those "first" three movies. We've even played "one upsies" on who had seen them the most (I won ;-) ). Well, last night Episode III - Revenge of the Sith was playing (followed by Ep. IV). I don't know why, but I have come to realize that this is my favorite episode of the series. I mean, how can the Jedi be confused about what Vader (Aka Anakin Skywalker) does? The prophecy stated that he would bring balance to the force... at the time, the Sith had not been seen in what? A thousand years? Meanwhile the Jedi have this huge building right smack dab in the heart of Coruscant! Granted, by the time episodes I-III hit the theaters I already know about IV-VI. I think I like it because it lays so bare the true nature of man. I don't think this is George Lucas' intention but if you think about it you will see what I mean. Anakin's whole aim is to protect his love. Since he 'failed' his mother, he sets out to protect and save his wife. But in the end he is so drawn to power that he turns. One line sticks out in my mind as I write this. "From my point of view the Jedi are evil." Wow. In the end how are we to determine what is right and wrong? As a Christian I know it is by God's Word. He is the only way we can know what is true and just, because He is the only perfect judge. In closing I just wanted to mention two unrelated things. The first one is, my beloved wanted me to trim up the boys hair. She wanted me to do this last week but I let it slide until last night. Well, I butchered the sides. It's not too bad, but they look like whitewalls on a woolly mammoth. LOL. The other is, I am in a desperate search for an old regimental crest. I am working on my "retirement walking stick" that I started at AT. I am almost finished with the surface, but I want to put branch insignia on one side, and on the other the corresponding regimental crests of the units I had belonged to over the years. I have been digging through my twenty two years of misc. junk. I have found two of the three, and the one I was sure I still had... I can't find. I've already written three letters with no replies. If anyone who stumbles across this little blog knows where I can find a crest (pictured above/left) please click on my profile and send me an e-mail. Verse for today: Proverbs 3 : 9-12, ESV Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.

My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline or be weary of his reproof, for the Lord reproves him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.

No comments: