20080721

Music Monday - 20080721

Wow, I think it's been almost a month since my last "Music Monday" post. :-( Well, here is my entry for today:
Praise You In This Storm Written by Mark Hall / Music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms I was sure by now God, You would have reached down And wiped our tears away Stepped in and saved the day But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with You" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away CHORUS I'll praise You in this storm And I will lift my hands For You are who You are No matter where I am Every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand You never left my side And though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry You raised me up again My strength is almost gone How can I carry on If I can't find You As the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with You" And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives And takes away CHORUS I lift my eyes unto the hills Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord The Maker of Heaven and Earth (repeat) CHORUS Though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm 2005 Club Zoo Music (BMI) / SWECS Music (BMI) (adm. by EMI CMG Publishing) / Word Music, LLC (ASCAP) / Banahama Tunes (ASCAP) (adm. by Word Music, LLC)
I have lost count how many times I have failed to do this. Although I have been getting better at this... I think. I am not really in the middle of a storm - per se - but yesterday I was beginning to question just how much I have filled my life with "noise". So much so that I wonder if I am hearing His voice any more. At least lately. Verse for today: Revelation 21 : 3-8, ESV And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place [1] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, [2] and God himself will be with them as their God. [3] He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

1 comment:

Alise said...

I absolutely love this song. Not always easy to do, but oh so necessary!