20080122

Musical Monday - and miscellaneous ramblings

My that was a refreshing weekend. With the snow and paranoid bureaucrats the kids had Thursday and Friday off, although I did not (I am considered an essential employee), my beloved had Thursday off. The result was a semi-long weekend. Our schedule was a normal one (i.e. something going on pretty much every day), but it still seemed to slow down a tad. We watched the Australian Open (some really good matches this weekend), a little bit off NFL football (Go Giants!), and I joined yet another App in Facebook (good grief!).

Well, my song for this week is another one that really speaks to me as to where I stand before God...


WHO AM I
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart

(Chorus)
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
Vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
(end chorus)

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

(chorus)

(repeat chorus)

Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours


This song really speaks to me, especially when I am feeling a little arrogant. I mean, who am I really? In the scheme of things I really am a vapor in the wind. A mere whisper in time. And yet I am His. I am a child of God, not because of anything I have done, but all because of what He has done, because of who He is. And that is an awesome thing to meditate on.
Verse for today:
Psalm 106:1-3, ESV
Praise the Lord!
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever!
Who can utter the mighty deeds of the Lord,
or declare all his praise?
Blessed are they who observe justice,
who do righteousness at all times!

No comments: