20080123

Remembering when

I am going through a mid-life... um, crisis is to 'harsh' of a word... a mid-life re-evaluation? I have been waxing nastolgic of the 'old days' - mostly of the 80's. Sad, I know. :-)

It all started with 'Juke Box Hero', and recently movies like 'Terminator' or 'Highlander' come to mind. Now, I am fighting a lot of these impulses because they are not the most nurturing of my faith if you get my meaning.

It's not like the 80's were really all that great to me. In high school I was given the nickname 'Brainiac' - and it was not meant as a compliment. I dropped out of high school when someone broke into my toolbox and stole all of my tools (I may have accidentally left it unlocked) and I could not afford to replace them. In the 9th grade I lived in four different homes, and went to three different schools in the span of one school year (add two more homes if you extend that to a full calander year).

I was wondering how many other people wander down memory lane... and is it healthy? Or just risking turning into a pillar of salt?
Verse for today:
1 Corinthians 10:23-31, ESV
“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor. Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience. For “the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.” If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience. But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for the sake of conscience— I do not mean your conscience, but his. For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience? If I partake with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks?

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

1 comment:

GUNNY said...

I loves me some "Jukebox hero," but it also calls to mind the first video ever shown of MTV: "Video Killed the Radio Star."