20061208

TGIF

I am grateful for everyday, but Fridays still seem to hold a slightly more special meaning. My work schedule has varied from over the years (to include a season of working four ten hour days, Friday - Monday), but Friday has always remained 'special'. :) Not more than Sunday, but a pretty close second. Yesterday I had the endoscopy. Every thing looked normal. The Doc saw some 'tender' spots which he pulled some samples for biopsies. I need to follow up with an appointment in a couple of months; however, I was told that no news is good news. The worst that happened yesterday was the first attempt for the I.V. went through the vien - nothing major. I just had to get stuck twice. The other is the side affects of the annesthesia (? sp). I slept pretty much all day until my beloved woke me up at 4. Today I play catch up on work. Tomorrow my beloved and I will be trying to take a day together. Just watch movies, call for delivery, and maybe go get a gift certificate or two. That is if our kid sitting does not back out. If they do i totally understand. The youngest has caught the cough. One thing that struck me was the utter peace I had yesterday - and in general. Any time you are in the hospital for something there is always a potential of something going wrong. A little back ground - the hospital that I live closest to does not have the most stellar reputation. There are numerous stories of people driving the extra 25-35 miles to two alternatives instead of going there. My family and I also do not have the most pleasant experiences with them either. There is one thing everyone on earth will do eventually (barring the second coming) and that is death. I do not seek it, but... in some ways I'd welcome it. I am not anxious to get there quicky for all too soon it will come. But, at least on the surface of my thoughts... I am not afraid of it. And I give thanks to God and His Son, my Lord Jesus Christ for what they have accomplished in my life. Updates: I have 'published' another chapter over on my 'Yarns' page. Verse for today: Hebrews 9 : 24-28, ESV For Christ has entered, not into holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true things, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God on our behalf. Nor was it to offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters the holy places every year with blood not his own, for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

No comments: