20061220

I would rather spit blood

Ok, maybe it's not that bad - but it's close. We are in the market for a replacement vehicle for the family van. The old one is doing ok, but it's starting to cough. A 1995 Previa with 189K miles. The interior looks worse than it is because the kids, but it's in pretty good shape. The hard part is the negotiation with the dealer. I have calls into four different dealers - none of them want to quote a price, but we've managed to pry prices from three out of four of them and the last one is promising to meet or beat - as long as I walk onto their lot. That's not going to happen. In anyevent... it's been a long day, and tomorrow will be longer, but after that I am on vacation until after New Year's. God Bless... Updates: none Verse for today: Jeremiah 9:23-24, ESV Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

No comments: