20061218

Stick a fork in 'em - they're done

Man! That was a good old fashined butt stompin'! The Steelers manhandled the Panthers yesterday. IMO the team has basically quit. I don't think I realized how much of an impact Dan Morgan had played in the middle of the defense. The defense really needs some more run defense... and a consistant O-line. Five sacks! Come on. Oh well. Looking back, of the games I was looking forward to back in August... at least the Panthers won one of those games! LOL Yesterday, and I am still not sure how this happened, but we got sucked into "Everest, Beyond the Limit" on the Discovery Channel. I have a severe amount of respect - and bewilderment - for anyone who would want to climb that mountain. There is a part of me that wants to be one of those people. The ones that go out and climb Everest - or work those extreme jobs. But then God quietly reminds me about all that He has given me. A nice family, a home to live in, enough money to pay the bills (mostly), chances to serve others... that sort of thing. Then I remember that I don't need to do those things and I should be thankful. :) One thought did come to mind while watching that show last night... exactly how tall was the tower of Babel? And yet man has come a long way since then. I think man is more arrogant now, more prideful. When it comes time... I fear for how far and how hard the fall will be... Updates: I added Part 2 for the last chapter and I am already working on Chapter 8 for the 'juve thread' over on my Yarns page. I've not added anything to my Hiku page in some time... maybe over vacation... Verse for today: Revelations 17:9-14, ESV This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while. As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction. And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. These are of one mind and hand over their power and authority to the beast. They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.”

No comments: