20061213

A legacy worth leaving?

You will have to pardon the typing this morning... I was 'interupted' from my slumber for work this morning and my mind is feeling a little fuzzy right now. :) Well, while being on the conference call (for the past 4 1/2 hours) I was thinking... if there is one thing I would like to impress upon my children is that when you make a mistake own up to it. I don't care if it's a spilled glass of milk or a piece of laundry left on the floor - or something major. Mistakes are a defining moment of charecter. Own up to them. Tell someone when you made a mistake. Then as the dust settles evaluate that mistake. Learn from it. See what you could have done better - and be honest with yourself. Not all factors may lie with you, but be honest and don't stop there. Look at the entire situation - evaluate it like a rubix cube. Identify where you have erred and seek to improve in that area. I've heard the statement, "ameatuers practice until they get it right, professionals practice until they can't get it wrong". What a profound statement... and one that I do not always take to heart in my own life either. Updates: some minor link maintenance... I think I might start a weekly 'link highlight'. LOL Verse for today: Psalm 62 : 5-8, ESV For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him;God is a refuge for us. Selah

1 comment:

Alise said...

Amen and amen! I really think our ability to admit our faults is pretty fundamental stuff and so important to raising healthy kids.

~A