20061221

The last of the 2006 entries

I might have more, but I am not sure. I have been busy here at work, busy at home. Working on customer issues, working on my short stories, working on things at home. Last night I replaced our aging minivan. A nice Sienna. I hate dealing with car dealers. It's a necessary thing at times - well maybe. But that's over. The funny thing is I was rambling about the things going on... refinancing the house, buying the car, the kids birthdays, Christmas, my anniversary... the lady actually said, "are you crazy!" I think she actually got scared, but I laughed it off. She did not bother me - because it is insane at times. :) Well, the Panthers go on the road to play the Falcons. Their shot at the playoffs are very, very slim - but I am a realist. They have to beat both the Falcons and the Saints and still need some help. On the way home form the car place I kept thinking how much I am blessed. "To whom much is given, much is required."... am I being a faithful steward of what He has provided? Am I passing the test of prosperity? Updates: None Verse for today: Luke 12:43-48, ESV Blessed is that servant [9] whom his master will find so doing when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful. And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hate buying new cars...glad it all worked out though. I'm praying that you and your loved ones enjoy the holiday.

And, yes, I hope the Panthers make the playoffs...it's possible!! My Bucs...AGH!! At least they'll get some good draft choices this year (I hope).