20061211

It's not over, till it's over

When the final whistle blew on Carolina Panthers versus the New York Giants the sound of the air blowing out of the Carolina Blue sails was palpable. Mathmatically the Panthers are still in it - but... the Panthers have not shown me anything to actually hold out a reasonable hope. I would still like to see them run the table for the rest of the year. This team has the talent, but I don't think they have the belief. Only time will tell. I have been having a lot of fun writting short stories of late. I've been averaging about one every other week - about 1500 words long each. I know they are not all that great, but they are a lot of fun. My 'anniversary' day away was a little fun. My beloved and I got some shopping done, and as a side benefit we went to a Macroni Grill for 'Lunner' so that we could get a gift certificate for her father for Christmas. After that we went back home to watch some more bonus material from the Lord of the Rings movies. We are facinated by all that went in to making that movie... as well as enjoying the movies. But what do most parents do when they have a quiet afternoon at home without children? We both napped! Not just a nap, it was one of those where you are in a nice warm place... a restful nap. :) But we had a good day. My mind is drawing a blank right now, but this weekend there was a palpable sense of the Lord's presence. Like He was walking with me... helping me to see myself... similar to how Grace expressed it on her blog "In His Garden". Woe is me for I am a wretched man - but He has brought me to a place where I can see such things, tremble in my wretchesness, and yet rejoice in His salvation and alow my fear to turn to joy. Updates: I've rearranged my "blog list" based on the ones that are updated the most, and I have also added a group of Christian Radio stations that I listen to. If you have a favorite and would like me to add it please let me know! :) P.S. - I'd also like those who visit here to sign my guestbook... but only if you want to. :) Verse for today: Romans 5 : 6-11, ESV For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

No comments: