20060707

Stepping out of the boat

Well, I am about to 'step out of the boat'. In some ways this is a spiritual step, and in others it is more of a world-type step. For a little while I have felt the Lord prompting me to move forward with a business venture. I am very nervous as this means taking a step of faith. Don't get me wrong, I have done some research to ensure I can actually do this. It is the part of mind telling me that I can't do it. That I will fail. But the still small voice that I am hearing over the roar of the doubt is "trust me". If this goes as the glimpse seems to show me, then - Lord willing - and providing - this will become a ministry to help others. Today I would like to ask for your prayers. Please pray that I would clearly hear my Provider. That I would be a faithful steward of what He has provided. That when the time comes for me to give an account of what has been entrusted to me - that I would not be like the man who buried his talent awaiting his master's return, but that I would be like those whom multiplied what they had been entrusted, and that it would give glory to my Father in heaven. I would also ask for the feeling of peace would continue to surround me and my house. Thank you all in advance. May the Lord grant each of you a wonderful weekend. Verse for today: Matthew 14:23-33, esv And after [Jesus] had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat by this time was a long way [2] from the land, [3] beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, “It is a ghost!” and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” And Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, [4] he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would count a priviledge to lift you and your venture up to our Heavenly Father. I hope you have a great weekend.................

Alise said...

Count me in on that praying too! For success, for your peace of mind, and for this to become the ministry you're hoping for. Be blessed!

~A

samurai said...

Thank you both, and to all the others who are praying as well. I am forever grateful.