20060727

Rambling nothingness

Well, work was quick to vamp up this morning. Add on fatique and my mind is not holding onto thoughts very long. :) I have been adding new Hiku and an occasional short story that I do not announce everytime. I have the links over on the side bar to the right so please feel free to check them out if you so wish. I've also added yet one more blog, but this is for a solo run game campaign. This one is going to be a long process, and probably not of much intrest to most of you. But like this journal it is more for me than the 'public'. In any event that link is also to the right as well. I encourage those who visit here to browse through some of the links I have as well. I've tried to be concise in the descriptions, and I try and verify that they are all good links. If you find any that are not good, or are not what you would expect them to be please let me know by posting a comment - click on the little pencil - and I will take care of it ASAP. Before I go I want to share what I consider a humorous moment that came to mind this morning. Last summer, while I was at my annual training for the national guard, we had a little more than a half dozen folks come out to see what we do. Their unit was folding their flag and they were looking for new homes. Sort of an internal recruiting drive. :) Anyway, the folks that come under my net looked nervous. I tried to encourage them to sit down and relax but some just could not relax. Well, it was pretty warm and these guys had their flak vests and kevlars on. Since nothing was going on I encouraged them to just ground their equipment and cool off. I then pointed to the stack of 50+ 105mm HE rounds under the net and told them, "after all, if something goes wrong under here, there won't be enough to reassemble again." That didn't seem to make them relax though. :) Verse for today: Psalm 134, esv Come, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,who stand by night in the house of the Lord!Lift up your hands to the holy placeand bless the Lord! May the Lord bless you from Zion,he who made heaven and earth!

No comments: