20060531

In rememberance

Well, it's official. My trusty lawn mower of nine years has been declared dead. I took it too the shop (finally) today. It had a bent shaft and the estimate to repair it was as much, or very near, the cost to replace it. After thinking it over, and consulting with my love, we decided to just replace it. It was a very good lawn mower and even after all of these years it started right up on the first pull - even after it had been sitting all winter. Well, this is just another expense that I am concerned about this year. Bith of our cars are having issues. Mine has a "check engine" light that comes on. I've had the codes checked and I keep getting cylinder miss fires. I've replaced the plugs and now the air filter. I've checked other things. If it comes on once more I will have to take it to a service department and I know that will run me a couple of hundred dollars. On our minivan the temp gauge shows periodic spikes in heat. I've had this worked on last year and it's already cost me a few hundred dollars. My next step here is to finally replace the thermostat - which I wanted replaced last year but the mechanic would not listen to me - and get the radiator flushed. All of this just as I am on the fence about finally retiring from the National Guard. I already have concerns about my budget and if I am to retire from the Guard I will lose over $300 a month. I already have heard, and already know, that it is God to whom I look for the finances. I have been praying and praying about what to do and for the most part it feels that God has been silent. For now I will keep praying and seeking, but until I know for sure I will have to do what I feel best for the family and my role as Husband, Father, priest, and providor. Verse for today: Psalm 111, esv Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation. Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them. Full of splendor and majesty is his work, and his righteousness endures forever. He has caused his wondrous works to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and merciful. He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever. He has shown his people the power of his works, in giving them the inheritance of the nations. The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy; they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness. He sent redemption to his people; he has commanded his covenant forever. Holy and awesome is his name! The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!

No comments: