20060403

Yet another early morn...

Well, I am here at work once more at a very early hour. Apparently the techs with whom I have a case open to help me with my IOS issue continnue to require more information. I am starting to get woried as they seem to be focusing in on something that I do not agree to be the issue. But, they ask for the information and I live but to serve. :) Anyway, while I am waiting for data nd reloads I will blog. :) The pinbox derby was a blast. Although I did get a little stressed out over the time keeping since this was my area of responsibility. I was given a laptop with some official software that was supposed to be able to connect to the track and give results. But I had what I like to refer to as a "layer 8" issue (those that deal with the OSI model, or even know what that is will probably get that joke). I just could not get the laptop to recognize the input from the track. So then I was determined to enter the results manually (there were only about 50 entries so...), but then I could not get the different "classes" to accept similar car numbers... So I set up seperate files... then, I can't even remember what happened then... with only about 45 minutes before the races were to begin I set up a spreadsheet in desperation. Then I was informed that the track would not be displaying times, just placements - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Oh well. My children did pretty well. 2nd, 3rd, and 2nd respectively. Normally this would not be an issue - but when you have a child with Asbergers... Fortunately that did not take all day, and for the most part the kids really did have a blast. I let the kids paint their own cars. I did help with the wheels and the weights though. One funny thing to note. My own entry was disqualified because I was over weight! :) In my zeal to do my own car I picked out a nice pre-cut pickup truck. Bought the weights that you countersink into the body. I used wood gap filler to seal in the weights, filed, sanded, and primed it - and it weighed in at 7 oz! It was 2 oz weight! :) LOL @ myself. Oh well. It was still a lot of fun. I am already looking forward to next year. Oh, and Bob - thanks for the advice! :) I think it really helped me with the kids cars. :) Although I did fail to take the camera for pitcures. :( After much foot dragging on my part, I finally went out and purchased a little swing set for the kids to play on in the back yard. Nothing real fancy. Just a 3 swing set with a "kid horse". I spent pretty much all day today putting it together and it's still not fully completed. Although God was merciful - I only had to go back to the store for one thing. :) The frame is complete - all I have left to do now is to set the mounts for the swings and get it upright. Unfortunately I think we are going to have some thunderstorms later today so I may not get to it today. Well, it is not 45 minutes after I started this blog. My mind is pretty fried. I've been up since 8am EDT, got the family to church, spent all day in the sun getting the playset going, made sure the family got to AWANAs, got the kids in bed, spent an enjoyable evening with the wife watching "The Last Samurai" (her choice), then with only an hour to go till I would have to get up and come in here I opted to stay up... Only six more hours till I get off and can get home for a 4-5 hour nap. :) Complain, complain, complain. :) I promised a few friends that I would comment on my "lay leadership/ministry" discipleship course. I am going to miss tonights (Monday) meeting due to my oldest having a school thing. I spoke with my Pastor and he was totally encouraging and said I could get the materials from him later this week and I could go over it before our next meeting. Well, my eyes are getting tired and I still have to type up my follow up for the hardware providor as well as all the internal "paperwork" - and then get on to other projects. I pray that this finds you all well. Verse for today: Psalm 121 esv I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever more.

No comments: