20060316

Too much scrambled brains

It's been a chaotic couple of weeks. With my having to do a conference call this Sunday that will make 4 weeks in a row that I will miss church... *sigh* Although it probably shouldn't bother me I can tell when I am getting out of sorts. I will need to catch a Wednesday night or possibly even a Sunday night service - and soon. Well I have been talking with my beloved and there are 3 things we want to do to our house this year (besides painting a few rooms). 1) We desperately want to put a patio in. For the past 7 years we've not had a deck or a patio. So I have contacted a contractor to put in a "Stamp-crete" patio. A co-worker had about 2000 square feet worth done and he loves it. It's also fairly economical compared to some other things I've heard about. 2) My love really wants to put in a simple playset for the kids to play on. Something for them to get out of the house and away from the TV. 3) We could use a small shed to store the lawnmower, gas, and snowblower in. Maybe big enough to work on the various things as well. We are having the contractor come around, hopefully this weelend to give us an idea of how much it should cost. My co-worker was telling me between $11 and $15 a square foot - depending on the design, etc. We are also hoping to go visit an Amish store to check on the playset and shed. We'll see... Not much else roaming around the old noggin today. God Bless you all. :) Verse for today: Psalm 81:1-7 esv Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob! Raise a song; sound the tambourine, the sweet lyre with the harp. Blow the trumpet at the new moon, at the full moon, on our feast day. For it is a statute for Israel, a rule of the God of Jacob. He made it a decree in Joseph when he went out over the land of Egypt. I hear a language I had not known: “I relieved your shoulder of the burden; your hands were freed from the basket. In distress you called, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah (meditate and dwell on this thought)

2 comments:

Sage said...

Well, pray for me. I blew up yesterday and met my breaking point. Thanx in advance s. dude.

samurai said...

I will indeed. You have my e-mail address. If you need to 'chat' let me know.