20060322

More than tongue can tell

When I was a child my mom would offen tell me and my brother that "I love you more than tongue can tell". When I was a kid I thought it was really nice, but I'm pretty sure I never really grasped what she was trying to tell me. Last night while I was tucking my own children in bed it just sort of struck me. I was overwhelmed by the love I had for each of my children. I struggle to express my love for not just my children, but my wife as well. I feel it deeply. It moves me. It affects me, but I just cannot adequetly express it to them. At times I try and make it up with tell them "I love you" often, and over and over. Sometimes to the point my beloved will tell me, "thanks, I got it". :) I just pray that they feel it too. That's all I have for today. God bless... Verse for today: 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 esv If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminded me of the song, "He Owns the Cattle on a Thousand Hills". It has a verse "Wonderful riches, more than tongue can tell".

Thanks for the thought provoking posts.................Bob