20100609

Wednesday Wickedness

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Frank Sinatra. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” How often do you drink alcohol?
My doctor actually wants me to drink a glass of red wine with dinner every day, but i have to say that it's not something that i actually seek out, and i do not imbibe as often as my doctor would like.  Growing up, i was made to take a sip of beer at night before going to sleep.  This along with having an alcoholic mother did not exactly endear me to drink.

2. “The best revenge is massive success.” Have you ever gloated or wanted to over success?
I confess i struggle with pride.  I have indeed gloated over various successes.  Most of them so insignificant that i wonder why i did.  However, God has a really good sense of humor, and i have found that when i have allowed myself to gloat, i am usually indeed bound for a fall.

3. “You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the [butt].” What do enjoy most about your life?
Wow, not a question i expected.  Right now, i think the thing i enjoy the most is my employment is less than 10 miles from my house.  This has given me a great deal of flexibility to take care of errands, or to help cover a doctor's appointment or whatever.

4. “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” Do you ever over think a situation in your life?
I think i have a tendency to underthink things.  I really do not do well with too many "spinning plates".  I am not a multitasker, so when things come up my tendency is to make my best educated guess and go with it.  When i start to "over think" things my appetite and sleep patterns pretty much change immediately.

5. “I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family - and I don't think I could ask for anything more than that, actually.” Tell us about your best friend.
My Beloved is truly my best friend.  She knows about my weaknesses, my failings, and my down right bad attitudes.  She knows my bad choices.  Only God knows me better... and for some reason she chooses to stick with me and love me anyway.  She enjoys making my favorite meals and desserts.  She reminds me to take my meds, she challanges me to be a better man, a better father, a better husband, and a better friend.  I keep praying that she doesn't come to her senses.

6. “I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn't be a staring contest.” How important is intelligence when picking (or having picked) a significant other to you?
My very first conversation with my Beloved was a two plus hour conversation on the Sovereignty of God.  She may not understand what i do for a living (IT stuff), she may not know much about the things i did in the National Guard, or my hobbies (Necromunda, MouseHunt, etc.).  She may not be all that good at Chess, but in many ways she is "wicked smart".  While i did not seek out a Valivictorian for a mate, i was not in search of a stereotypical "Barbi" either.

7. “I drink to the confusion of our enemies.” What's the closest situation that you've had to dealing with an enemy?
Maybe i am a bit niave, but i cannot recall the last time i've had to deal with an enemy.

8. “Orange is the happiest color.” What's your favorite color?
Blue, blue is my favorite color.  Hexadecimal value 0000FF blue.  I prefer it to have a slight neon hue to it as well.

9. “Dare to wear the foolish clown face.” Are you ever a clown?
I think a more accurate question for me is, " Are you ever a clown on purpose?"  My Beloved, most of my friends, even DS1 has the "sarcasm gene".  I do not.  Sometimes i can get a 'zinger', but most of the time i have that "whatintheworldareyoutalkingabout" look on my face.  However, i learned (and sometimes re-learn) when i was younger, that it is important to never take yourself too seriously.  Otherwise, you are just in for a lot of frustration in life.

10. “Don't get even, get mad.” Have you ever tried getting even?
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” (Romans 12:19, ESVFor me, i have found that a thirst for vengence only distracts me.  It causes me to focus on the wrong priorities and the end result is that i am further behind.  It is better to focus on what i need to take care of, and it really does work out in the end.

This was my first participation in Wednesday WickednessJanera, who is the originator of this meme, invited me to participate to help fill the void from Linda's Random Dozen.  To be honest... i was sceptical.  Quotes from celbrities?  Puhleeze.  But, i have to admit, i enjoyed how show worked the questions into the Celeb's quotes.  Although this entry is a little late for this week, i am already looking forward to next weeks entry.  I think i will give this one a go for a while 8)

Thank you again Janera for the invite!  \o

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your beloved came to her senses long ago - which is why she stayed with you!