20090320

Oh what a week

I have a blogging friend who has trouble sleeping. She struggles with chronic headaches and other things. I have an "Aunt" who is having to go through a second round of chemo in less than twelve months, an Uncle who had a stroke and passed away. I can go on and on, so when i mentioned that i feel under the weather i consider myself a complainer. I have been struggling to get "on top" of something my body has been fighting for about a week now. I am not running a fever, i am not sick to my stomach, i just feel run down. Like i could crawl into bed and take a day or two to thoroughly examine the inside of my eyelids. I have so many things to be thankful for... I still have a job, and although my income has been stagnant since 2004, i am still providing for my family and we are not sliding into debt. We have a wonderful home, we have plenty of food on the table, and we can still afford to take little trips together. I have three wonderful children. All three of them are very creative and artistic in their own way. DS1 enjoys writing and imagining up new video game ideas. He is thinking about being an entrepreneur when he grows up. DS2 is an amazing artist and just has an incredible heart for kids. DD3 enjoys reading and drawing and loves to sing songs and dance - oh how i wish i could afford to send her to ballet and dance classes. My beloved is also an amazing artist. Last year for her birthday i bought her a gift card at a nearby art supply store and she is finally using it. She bought an eisle and a new paint tray and some new brushes. She may not be another Monet, but i love seeing her works. I am also thankful to be able to explore writing interests of my own. We are for the most part healthy. I am most thankful for all that God has been doing in our lives of late. And in the end that is what matters most.

1 comment:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Very genuine post of humble thankfulness. Your spirit comes through once again.