20060222

Reading Material

Having a rushed and disjointed day, all I could come up with is what I am reading currently. I am actually reading several books right now. "Sheet Music" by Kevin Leman I have recently restarted to go through this book with my beloved. We are going through this book to help us come to a mutual understanding of each in regards to our marriage bed. I am only 3 Chapters into the book, but it has been a very good book for me so far. "A Deadly Game" by Catherine Crier This is about the investigation and trial of Scott Peterson. It is interesting to read all the background of the investigation. I am about 1/3 of the way through this book. It is a page turner. It has also peeked my interest in reading "The Cyberthief and the Samurai" about Kevin Mitnick and how he was tracked down. "The Cross Centered Life " by C.J. Mahanney I have been leading my small group ('Deep Waters') through this book. What a fantastic book. I have read this book several times. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is small, easy to read, and very powerful IMO. C.J. has done a companion book titled "Living the Cross Centered Life" which I have yet to pickup, but intend to for my personal reading soon. "Job" by God (the book in the Bible) My Pastor has been leading us through this book recently (probably the reason for my quotes of late). It is my favorite book in the Bible for some reason I could probably not explain fully. If you want to cut tot he chase on this book - read from chapter 38 on. "The Cross of Christ" by John Stott I have only read the introduction on this one. It has been a book that I keep putting of for some reason. No excuse really, I've just never made the time to pick it up and dive into it. It comes highly recommended though. So many books that I want to read, but no time really. But then I cannot just dive into the literary world without sacrificing something in the real world - and there are responsibilities to attend to. Still, I hope I never tire of reading. Verse for today: Proverbs 14:2-7 esv Whoever walks in uprightness fears the Lord, but he who is devious in his ways despises him. By the mouth of a fool comes a rod for his back, but the lips of the wise will preserve them. Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox. A faithful witness does not lie, but a false witness breathes out lies. A scoffer seeks wisdom in vain, but knowledge is easy for a man of understanding. Leave the presence of a fool, for there you do not meet words of knowledge. Really all of Proverbs is such a good read - but it would be impractical to put all here. :)

2 comments:

Alise said...

I can't imagine ANYONE tiring of reading! "The Cross Centered Life" is on my reading list. Thanks for the reminder! ~A

Sage said...

hey,
well, I'll try to email you back. This has never happened to me before. Well, Nice post. Seyya around... or ttyl... or, whatever. PEACE!