Today we picked Salma Hayek. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. Every woman who thinks she is the only victim of violence has to know that there are many more.
Do you know someone that has been a victim of domestic violence?
My mother actually. For some reason she became smitten with a bear of a man. They dated for a little while, and even married. It lasted four weeks. I know i stood up to him once and had my head put through a wall. While my beloved has the ability to push my buttons like no other, and i have pounded my fist against a wall, or slammed a door, it is NEVER appropriate to hit on a woman unless you are defending yourself AND you are in danger of serious injury/death.
2. I became obsessed with all these women who die never feeling they did anything extraordinary with their lives.
What woman do you feel has made a significant contribution to society over the last decade?
I feel there are several. Condoleezza Rice, Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin, and many others that escape me right now. Some better than others, some more than others. Famous people bore me, so i've not paid attention. The true would be said if asked about which men have made contributions.
3. I have a farm and I love it there. There's really nothing to do, but even watching the chickens, its fun.
Have you ever considered life on a farm (perhaps with a pig named Arnold)?
I've never lived on a farm, but i have lived around farms a lot. Farms are awesome and a vital part of world, but i am pretty sure it is not for me. I am smart enough to know that you don't just throw some seeds in the ground and wait a few months. Animals require attention too. I guess the life of a farmer is so different from what i've grown up with, and what i do now... i have a hard time imagining it.
4. I proved to myself that if I believe in something and set my mind to it I could actually accomplish it.
Do you think that’s true of everybody in all situations?
No, not in all situations. For example, if i wanted to become the Emperor of Japan i am pretty confident that no matter how hard i believe in it, not matter how hard i try, it will always be out of my reach. However, you have to believe in yourself to achieve great things. You have to believe in yourself to achieve even very good things. Belief in yourself helps push you beyond the barriers and obstacles which invariably arise. If you cannot push beyond them, then you will never achieve much.
5. I really do love Diana Ross; I grew up listening to her records. I grew up in a little town in Mexico, so while we got the music, we never got the experience of watching her.
Who is you favorite Motown era artist?
I think it would be Stevie Wonder. To be honest, mostly because he is the only one that readily comes to my mind. I have enjoyed some of the music from Motown, but it generally is not my cup of tea.However, this song is a real favorite of mine.
6. I think it's nice for women to try to be sexy for their man.
How much time to you spend getting “sexy” for a partner?
To my shame, not as much as i used to. I need to work on that because i think she deserves the effort. I do struggle with knowing how though. Women are different than men. I can't just go slip into a thong and "do it" for her. LOL - you ladies are complicated. No two alike.
7. I'm good at working, but I'm very good at playing.
How do balance work and play in your life?
Wow... that is pretty hard, and i am not so sure it is balanced right now. I have an addictive personality so "play" tends to be at one extreme or the other. Mostly, i play at writing which is what i get to do most regularly without losing track of my other duties.
8. I've stolen a couple of hearts and they are in my private collection!
Do you think that you’ve ever broke someone’s heart?No, not really. Had mine broken a few times. My beloved's heart is the only one i ever swooned, and i pray that i have never broken hers.
9. My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood.
Do you think that you drive well?LOL - i believe i once read that 80% of drivers believe themselves to be above average, which of course is not possible. 8) In general, yes i do. I pay careful attention to what others are doing and drive defensively. It has helped me more than once to avoid another "above average" driver.
10. Some men have a silly theory about beautiful women - that somewhere along the line they'll turn into a monster.
Do you feel that someone’s looks has a lot to do with their behavior?I do, but mostly because of the circles that people 'naturally' fall into as they get older. A lot of it will be influenced by things at home and how the parents raise them, but... in general i think it has some influence, yes.