As usual, my responses are one week late...
Today we picked Steven Tyler. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. And the things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those that got there first.
When was the last time that you wanted to do something, but it was all done before you got there?
The one that comes immediately to mind is my Maternal Grandfather's funeral service. I had to travel 90 minutes one way to get there, so i left two hours before hand to leave flex time for traffic. I arrived after everyone had left the graveside. 8(
2. As good as I am, I'm nothing without my band.
Do you feel there is anyone you could not do without?
My beloved. We have our moments of "intense times of fellowship", but there are times when she is running late, and i have not heard from her for whatever reason, i actually get a little nervous.
3. Back then it was nothing like today. So you'd go to the bowling alley. We bowled and you could be in the back and you could make out, you know? And you know how hot it was to make out.
When you were young and innocent, what place did you make out?
When i was "young and innocent" i only ever had two opportunities. Once was in a closet, once in a set of bushes. Not the most comfortable locations... not something i am proud of. I was not one of the in-crowd, so opportunities did not occur all that often.
4. Drugs will get you out of your own way, but we lived it, and that's dangerous. It can actually turn around on itself and steal your soul, and that's what happened.
Were you ever tempted by something that could “steal your soul”?
Porn has been the most destructive 'drug' in my life. Alcohol or the other things more commonly thought of drugs have never been a real temptation in my life, but pornography has been an almost constant temptation since i was a young man.
5. Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.
How do you deal with sorrow?
Um... i don't. I guess. It's pretty rare that something moves me to genuine sorrow. It's not that i don't have anything to be sorrowful for... i just don't understand the why's usually.
6. Fake it until you make it.
Did you ever have dreams of making it in showbiz in some capacity?
No, not really.
7. Humility is really important because it keeps you fresh and new.
What keeps you fresh and new?
I have a wife who loves me, and i enjoy writing.
8. I don't mind being a grandfather.
If you are a grandparent, do you at first “mind it”? If you aren't, how do you think that you would feel about it?
I am not sure... but i sure hope it is at least six to eight years out! Minimum.
9. I grew up in New Hampshire. My closest neighbor was a mile away. The deer and the raccoons were my friends. So I would spend time walking through the woods, looking for the most beautiful tropical thing that can survive the winter in the woods in New Hampshire.
Do you enjoy winter where you live?
For the most part yes. I live in a region where we get four genuine seasons, and the winters themselves are not overly severe. The only thing i don't like are the people who drive like un-informed novices. Driving 101, when the weather gets anything other than daylight, you adjust your speed accordingly. Wet/snowy/icy road surfaces do not lend themselves towards traction between the actual road surface and tire surface. Oh, and four wheel drive does not give you carte-blanche in teh handling department either.
10. I have to get inspired by something that touches my soul, or rocks my soul.
What rocks your soul?
Jesus Christ and being surrounded by those singing praise to Him, and seated at His feet to learn more of Him. If i had any doubt about this i was reminded of it last night as i read about and listened to a conference coming up that i am looking forward going to. I have heard it told that if you feel passionately about something... you should pursue it. I can't think of anything better than to pursue God with all of my heart, mind, and strength.