20101013

Random Dozen - 20101013

Linda over at 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts a weekly meme where she works hard to come up with completely random questions, a dozen at a time, to share with the blogosphere.  This is one of the few meme's i like both to read, and respond to.  Wander on over and check out her blog.

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? ~ Nope!  I pronounce ever word correctly, every single time, no matter what region of the country, or world, i should find myself in.  Ok, seriously now... um... not that i can recall, but i am pretty sure this is a common occurrence.


2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.") ~ personally, i am intrigued... but in practice they confuse me.  I prefer to not use, or receive, them.  The world must conform to me!

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post. ~ I am sure there is one out there somewhere, but i dropped out of High School in December of what was supposed to be my Senior year, so i never received it, and i am quite sure my mother could not afford to purchase it.  If any of my High School friends actually read this... and you can find the incriminating evidence... please forward to me for delet... i mean dispersal.

4. Linda actually failed to post a question #4, but it reminded me of my favorite Carolina Panther player, the last original Panther, John Kasay.  A private man, from what i can tell a humble man.  A man who lives his life for God.  May God grant him continued success in his career, and may he be used by God all the days of his life.

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory. ~ The only Homecoming anything i ever attended was a Homecoming dance at my Beloved's college.  I was in town for a friend's baptism and was set up on a blind date at the last minute with her roommate (long story - had to borrow a suit and everything).  As an ice breaker my friend set up a public meeting with my date at the Homecoming football game.  My (not as yet) Beloved was supposed to be on a canoe trip with the outdoor club that weekend, but it fell through.  I spent the whole football game talking with my date and the future Mrs. samurai talking about the sovereignty of God.  To this day i still could not tell you if the home team won or not.  Although i went out to dinner and to the dance with my date, the wheels were set in motion for the rest of my life.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?" ~ I still enjoy the sunrise, but i am more relaxed at sunset.  Also, i know there is almost no chance to get my Beloved up before sunrise to watch it with me so... the enjoyment is somewhat minimal.


7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?" ~ I would really like to learn how to play the Irish Whistle well.  It has been literally a life long dream of mine.  I am afraid of failure, and i know it takes time to master any musical instrument.  I just have not found, or set aside, the time i would really like to dedicate to it.

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?" ~ That is a tough question.  I am pretty sure i would prefer to be either a Hawk or an Eagle.  I'd love to be able to fly. to be able to spot things a far off, to be able to swoop in and strike or just to stay aloft and ride the wind currents.


9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location. ~ I was juggling a long distance commute to/from work, and my Beloved and i were raising two toddlers.  Around Thanksgiving time in 2000 i loaded the family up for what would be my family's last visit to my mother.  We had a nice long weekend, and enjoyed not just a delicious Turkey dinner, but a nice time at Kevin Barry's Irish Pub in Savannah.  When we were called back less than a week later i packed the family back up for what would be a two week "adventure".  Kevin Barry's welcomed us back and we had a night i will never forget.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat? ~ Well, i am not much of a debater, so it usually takes some time to be proven right.  So, if i do gloat, it is from a far.  In any event, i hope that i don't.

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?" ~ I absolutely love Carmel Apples.  I love the chewy Caramel, and the sweetness of the apple underneath.  I also love Dark Chocolate caramels.

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.) ~ Wow... i never thought about this... to be honest... i cannot think of a single family that i would want to choose.  Too many "issues" that i am not familiar with... i will think about this one some more and come back and answer it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caramel Apples - YUMMMY

I would have thought for sure you would want to come back as a "Panther" - just kidding.

I "filled" in number 4 as well!

Great job this week!