20100729

Wednesday Wickedness - 20100729 (Thursday edition)

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Mick Jagger. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “A good thing never ends.” Have you ever had a good thing in your life that never ended?
My marriage to my Beloved.  We are going on eighteen years, and they really are getting better as each day/week/month/year roll by.  God uses her in my life to help reveal sin in my life, He uses her to show me His care and love, she is my soulmate, my helpmate, my lover, my best friend, my best advocate, my confidant, she really is my bestest buddy in the whole world.

2. “I got nasty habits, I take tea at three.” Do you have an nasty habits?
'Nasty' is truly a relative term (from a human perspective).  It all depends on what you view as 'nasty'.  I do have some bad habits though.  I tend to not follow God with my whole heart, mind, and soul day in and day out.  8/  This in turn contributes to all of the other 'nastiness' in my life.

3. “I'd rather be dead than to be singing Satisfaction at 45.” He obviously changed his mind. What is something that you still do that you thought you' outgrow?
I thought i would have outgrown being as selfish and impatient as i am.  I am humming along, thinking i am doing really well and then BAM!

4. “Lose your dreams and lose your mind.” Have you lost any of your dreams as time went by?
Actually i have.  One was to be a Preacher/Teacher.  For many reasons, many still not fully known by this author, this is not one that has come about.  Overall i think this is a good thing because if it were to become a reality, i need to be more concerned with His glory being proclaimed, and not mine.  The other... i've wanted to know how to play an instrument, either the keyboard or Irish whistle or both, for as long as i can remember.  Life just conspires to defer this dream ever onward.

5. “I haven't had time to return to the scene because I never left it.” As you've grown older, what ways are you still act and think the way you did as when you were younger?
I have a really hard time thinking of myself as getting older, so i tend to not think about things long term.

6. “Patriotism is something that fades when the war starts.” How do you react to this quote?
I think most people don't really understand what it takes when it comes to 'drawing the sword'.  War is supposed to be the last resort when politicians fail.  "Supporting the Troops", in my opinion, means that helping give them the tools, the time, and the goals to complete the mission.  Thomas Jonathon Jackson (aka Stonewall) said it best, "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."

7. “The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either.” Is there a person in your life who still treats you as the same person to when your were younger? Do you like it?
I cannot think of anyone like that in my life.

8. “It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you pull yourself back.” Have you let yourself go in any aspect of your life?
My physical fitness.  When i was younger i loved to work out, i especially loved to run long distances.  As i've gotten older though i've not allotted the time that it takes to keep maintain it.  Now i have gained enough weight that it hurts to run now... But, my Beloved has purchased an eliptical for me to use... very easy on the knees... but again... i've not allotted the time it takes...

9. “My mother has always been unhappy with what I do. She would rather I do something nicer, like being a brick layer.” How do you parents feel about what you do?
My mother passed away in 2000, and i am not really sure what she thought.  My father approves (i am pretty sure), but again i am not really sure.

10. “Anarchy is the only slight glimmer of hope.” How would you categorize your political point of view?
I have always leaned to the "right", even when i was earning minimum wage and under-insured, etc.  But of late i am getting more and more disillusioned with the system of government here in the U.S.. Any system of government that is above the very laws that they pass for the general populace, and continues to spend beyond its means, and i could go on, needs some revamping in my opinion.  While it is not a perfect party, i am becoming more and more affiliated with the Tea Party of America.  This country at the very least needs a successful third (and maybe even a 4th) political party to truly balance out the power.



1 comment:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Oh exercise! I used to love it and actually after about the 1st week of misery I really enjoy it when I do it.

Use your elliptical! They are wonderful!