20091026

Music Monday - 20091026 - a trilogy

I don't handle changes to sleep schedule well. Truth be told, i don't handle changes well. 8) But things have been getting a little hectic at work of late. Lots of work, which is a good thing. But the result has been me having more trouble than usual keeping my thoughts straight. Coming into this morning i did not have a song picked out. Some floating around in my brain but nothing that stuck out. When i finally put finger to keyboard i decided i wanted to come up with a Michael W. Smith song. I just really appreciate his heart for God, and his passion often comes through in his music. With my affinity for storms, and rain i almost went with Healing Rain. I like the visualization of that song. In the end i went with a song that is closer to my heart... the cross of Christ. Where else do i find that my sins are forgiven? Lest there is a payment for it, i shall suffer for my own sins. But here is where i find that it has been paid in full. I've used this song once before, but i am using Michael W. Smith's version today...
The Wonderful Cross by Isaacc Watts When I survey the wondrous cross On which the Prince of Glory died My Richest gain I count but loss And pour contempt on all my pride See from His head His hands His feet Sorrow and love mingled down Did e'er such love and sorrow meet Or thorns compose so rich a crown Oh the wonderful cross (2x) Bides me come and die and find that I may truly live Oh the wonderful cross (2x) All who gather here by grace draw here and bless your name Were the whole realm of nature mine That were and an off'ring far too small Love so amazing so divine Demands my soul my life my all Oh the wonderful cross (2x) Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live Oh the wonderful cross (2x) All who gather here by grace draw here and bless your name Life so amazing, so divine Demands my soul. my life, my all and the beauty and the shame in the glory of His name Oh the wonderful cross Oh the wonderful cross (2x) Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live Oh the wonderful cross (2x) All who gather here by grace draw here and bless your name
I do not feel that we can ever become too familiar with the cross. We are still friends with Christ. We are still forgiven by grace - Christ no longer hangs there, we are completely forgiven. Out justification is complete before the Father... but these are the results of the cross. We can not enjoy forgiveness of sins, with Christ, we can not experience fellowship with Christ, we cannot fully grasp the peace we now experience with God without Christ going to the cross in our stead. We may experience universal grace... we may experience prosperity on this Earth... but we will never fully obtain lasting peace and satisfaction in our hearts without Christ's accomplishment on the cross. It all points to, and emanates from, the cross. As a result... we experience the fullness of joy when we receive the healing rain of God...
Healing Rain by Michael W. Smith Healing rain is coming down It's coming nearer to this old town Rich and poor, weak and strong It's bringing mercy, it won't be long Healing rain is coming down It's coming closer to the lost and found Tears of joy, and tears of shame Are washed forever in Jesus' name Healing rain, it comes with fire So let it fall and take us higher Healing rain, I'm not afraid To be washed in Heaven's rain Lift your heads, let us return To the mercy seat where time began And in your eyes, I see the pain Come soak this dry heart with healing rain And only You, the Son of man Can take a leper and let him stand So lift your hands, they can be held By someone greater, the great I am Healing rain, it comes with fire So let it fall and take us higher Healing rain, I'm not afraid To be washed in Heaven's rain To be washed in Heaven's rain... Healing rain is falling down Healing rain is falling down I'm not afraid I'm not afraid...
It when we feel His forgiveness raining down on us we feel the freedom to worship, and praise, and rejoice freely. Although human emotions are finicky, easily manipulated, they are also indicators of genuine responses though. Sometimes you have to let it lose and sing... I have been searching for a song that would express passion and joy in what God has already done, but it's hard to find the songs on YouTube some times. 8) I remember a lot of songs that i used to sing in church... i can visually remember people clapping their hands, etc. But i've not been able to remember the song titles, or lyrics... 8/ Oh well... i trust the concept was conveyed... 8)

2 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

The book we are reading for the women' Bible study I attend on Wednesdays just had this very subject last week.

We are not saved by God's grace. We are not saved by His love. We are saved because He sent His son and His son died on the cross.

It is the cross that saved us. Had He not sent His son we never would have been saved.

Really when you stop and think and grasp - Awesome.

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

I love that song! The gospel cannot be ignored :-)