20060807

Home Again

Well, we got back on Saturday and it was nice to get away. On Thursday we checked into the hotel and then went to Luray Caverns in the afternoon. Before we got there the kids were all excited adn were chatting incesantly - but once we got down into the caverns... "are we done yet?" "I want to get out!" *sigh* what are you going to do. For the most part they behaved nicely and enjoyed the sights. S2 really got into the spirit of things. Afterwards the kids and I hit the Garden Maze which is a lot of fun. Afterwards we went back to the hotel we hit the pool and relaxed. Friday we stayed local and checked out a Farmer's market - which was fun. I love those places (usually) and really enjoy the smells and the wares. We then went back to the hotel and hit the pool again. Later we went to one of our favorite chain resteraunts - Chili's where we had fabulous service. Walked around the mall some to walk off dinner and picked up a couple of Christmas presents, then kicked back and watched an in room movie - "RV" with Robin Williams. It was a lot of fun, and the boys were laughing out loud. Our poor little girl though - she passed out hard! We enjoyed the movie so much we are considering getting the DVD at some point. On our way home we drove along the "middle section" of Skyline Drive. Beautiful scenery - and the weather was very nice. Low humidity and very good visibility. There are so many overlooks and hiking trails - one could plan an entire vacation just along this road. With a 35MPH speed limit throughout one does not make very much headway so after about 90 minutes and 30 miles we decided to head back down the mountain and get on home. We capped of the weekend with having a few friends over Saturday night, and then after church yesterday we just stayed home and relaxed. Well, a little. A lot of organizing and rearranging. But not too much. I read through my previous posts and it seems like being tired was a theme. Hmm... I hope it was not too boring. I always seem to have more ideas of what to write about than I have actual time to put down... updates: Hiku, and campaign blogs... Verse for today: Proverbs 7:1-5, esv My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”and call insight your intimate friend, to keep you from the forbidden [1] woman, from the adulteress [2] with her smooth words.

2 comments:

Alise said...

The garden maze looks like fun! I'm glad you were feeling better for your get-away. And I'll be sure to check out RV if you thought it was fun.

Be blessed!

~A

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip. I've seen the previews to RV. Thought it might be one I'd like to see..............