20060822

Carolina Panthers 17 - Jacksonville Jaguars 10

I love my DVR. Recently I took advantage of being able to upgrade my satellite TV to include a DVR and it is both a blessing and a curse. One blessing is being able to record the Carolina Panthers whenever they come on (lately it's like 2-3 am). Now, I had already known that the Panthers had won the preseason game against the Jags on Saturday - but I was able to watch some of the game last night. I have liked what I have seen from the 1st string teams. As a fan I am getting even more excited about the season. Now, this was only a preseason game so the two wins so far don't mean anything in terms of the season. But it still feels good to me as a Panthers fan to beat our fellow expansion rivals. Due to the scheduling of interconference games these two teams will only face each other in a game that matters once every four years unless they both make it to the Super Bowl. The first game to mean anything substantial will be 10-September against the Atlanta Falcons. This is a team that the Panthers traditionally have had trouble with. Now they do fairly well against them at home, and alright in the season openers, so I will be eager to see the Panthers pull out a win. Well, that's all I have for now. :) May the Lord watch over and keep each of you in the palm of His mighty right hand. Updates: none - but soon - I hope Verse for today: Proverbs 27:1-8, esv Do not boast about tomorrow, or you do not know what a day may bring. Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. A stone is heavy, and sand is weighty, but a fool's provocation is heavier than both. Wrath is cruel, anger is overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy? Better is open rebukethan hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. One who is full loathes honey, but to one who is hungry everything bitter is sweet. Like a bird that strays from its nest is a man who strays from his home.

No comments: