20060616

Vacation is all I ever wanted

Tomorrow I leave for vacation! But the problem is I am not overly excited about it. They are never very relaxing and I rarely get to do things that I like to do. Instead I am basically a shuttle service taking kids to and from various activities. When I am asked what I want to do I either give a non-commital answer or just say that I want to read or something. Then I am made to feel like a loafer or that what I really want to do must be something other than what I said. Now, I'm a pretty straight forward person. I tend to say what I am thinking and what I mean - at least when asked. Don't get me wrong. I like to get away from the daily grind of things and I really do want to help facilitate my children and my beloved's happiness on these trips. I want them to get away and have a good time too. Well, that is all I have for today. May the Lord watch over and keep you in the palm of His might hand until we "meet" again. :) P.S. - the image above is one I was trying to upload yesterday. That is the face of the battalion coin I was given... Verse for today: Luke 10:38-42, esv Now as they went on their way, Jesus [4] entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. [5] Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like that medallion. You're right that would be much better than a ribbon or certificate. Good luck on the vacation. I hope all of you can get some rest and relaxation.......