20060602

My 100th blog entry!

Well this will be my 100th blog entry today. It seems too soon. :) Anyway, I have been told that an intresting blog entry on such an occasion is to present a list of 100 things about me so here it goes...
100 Things about me 1) I have been a Christian – since 1989
2) I have worn glasses since the 1st grade 3) I am married 4) I have three children 5) I am a National Guardsman
6) I enjoy being amidst a thunderstorm 7) I like watches / clocks 8) I enjoy Sudoku puzzles 9) I like to read 10) I work in the IT field
11) I dropped out of High School 12) I have 50+ college credits 13) I enjoy target shooting 14) I enjoy table top war games 15) I miss my pickup truck (for 8 yrs now)
16) I really like the DeLorean car 17) I love dark chocolate 18) I am right handed 19) I have never been divorced 20) I have never jumped out of an airplane
21) I ran cross country in high school 22) I like science fiction 23) The Song “Butterfly kisses” makes me cry 24) I like a wide variety of music 25) I like to write short stories 26) I have a desk fountain on my desk 27) I like scented candles 28) I am interested in Civil War (American) history 29) I love pinball, both stand alone and PC sims 30) I like to make and paint models
31) I’ve ‘rucked’ 12 miles in less than three hours 32) I am in love with my wife 33) I have had my appendix out 34) I dabble in the stock market from time to time 35) I do not have any pets 36) I enjoy American football 37) I enjoy the smell, but not the taste, of coffee 38) I was once a carpenter’s apprentice 39) I like Dr. Pepper 40) I enjoy getaway weekends with my wife
41) I have worked for the same company for over 10 years 42) I don’t really have a favorite color 43) I’ve lived on my own (mostly) since I was 16 44) I like ‘veggies’ on my pizza 45) I rotate the tires myself on all my cars 46) I do not go hunting 47) I’ve only played paintball once 48) My favorite football team is the Carolina Panthers 49) All but one car I’ve owned in my life have been used 50) I enjoy photography
51) Once watched the movie “Back to the Future” six times in a row. 52) I once ran the 2-mile ‘event for the APFT in 12:36 53) My paternal family tree has been traced back to the Norman invasion of England of 1066 54) I prefer manual transmission vehicles 55) I have spent the night in 16 different states, and 4 different countries in my lifetime 56) I love my wife’s laugh 57) The greatest sound God ever made is children laughing 58) I like to write love letters to my wife 59) I prefer Coke over Pepsi 60) I love math
61) I turned 13 on a Friday the 13th 62) I am not superstitious 63) I broke my collarbone while jumping my bike as a kid 64) I do not know a language other than English L 65) I still like to read comic books 66) I love the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy (books & movies) 67) I have read the entire Bible (only once) 68) I wish I could practice Kendo 69) All four of my wisdom teeth have been pulled 70) I have never watched an entire NASCAR race
71) I have never intentionally carried a balance on any credit card 72) I have never served on a jury 73) I have never played golf (the real kind) 74) I do not enjoy fishing 75) I watch too much television 76) I do not read enough 77) My doctor considers me to be obese 78) I wish I could afford geo-thermal and solar systems for my home 79) My first American ancestor came through Jamestown, VA 80) I would rather be too warm than too cold
81) My brother stole my girlfriend while I was at basic training 82) I have not attended any of my brother’s weddings (x3) 83) I have only ever dated two women 84) I believe in Election 85) I also believe in free will and personal responsibility 86) I love to sing praise and worship songs 87) When I am in shape – I enjoy jogging 88) I do not enjoy camping 89) I consider myself a non-denomination Christian 90) I believe the spiritual gifts are for today
91) I believe we are to experience God with our mind as well as our emotions – while remembering that I am subjective while He is objective 92) I have allergies to dust, pollen, etc. 93) I collect Army patches of units I have trained/served with 94) I am interested in the history of Christian samurai in Japan 95) I lean more towards ‘license’ than towards legalism 96) I am not fond of change 97) I believe there is only one path to heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ 98) I like it when it rains 99) My handwriting is terrible 100) I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He was before creation, that He came upon the earth in the form of a human man, He lived a sinless life to be my perfect sacrifice, that He died upon the cross for my sins that I may be forgiven of them, that He rose on the third day and defeated death, and that He then ascended into heaven where He is now seated at the right hand of the Father and intercedes for me until He calls me home.
Verse for today:
Psalm 71:17-21, esv
O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. Your righteousness, O God, reaches the high heavens. You who have done great things, O God, who is like you? You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. You will increase my greatnessand comfort me again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a cool post. the weird thing is that you remind me so much of my scince and history teacher at school.