The days are just packed... and in order to get something posted i am using a fellow blogger's "Random Dozen".
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be? ~ I've always had a thing for Archery. I've never been all that good at it per se, but i love sport of it. Robin Hood was one of my all time favorite movies as a kid, and i am looking forward to the "modern" vision of it coming out later this year with Russell Crow. I hear the BBC series is very good. I have a friend who owns it and has offered to lend it to me... i really need to take them up on that offer.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past? ~ For me the one i remember the most is when America won the gold for Hockey back in the early '80's against the Russians. Lame i know, but i've never really been a avid viewer of the Olympics. 8(
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics? ~ The closest i have ever come is the coach of one of my son's athletic teams was the brother of an Olympian. I never did meet her though.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in? ~ Phuleeze... i am not so good in any one thing so as to think i would even be in the same league as the "best of the best". God's grace has allowed me to have such a good career, but it is truly not of my own ability or doing.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage? ~ Yes... i know i am a typical 13th generation American. I am a mutt! 8) Some English, French, Spanish or perhaps Native American (there is an empty line for a mother on a birth certificate), etc.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late? ~ Not really. I can sleep in some, but once i get to a certain point it, it actually becomes a little uncomfortable. Unless i am sick... then i sleep pretty much 24x7 until i feel better.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? ~ Never have, although i have held a certification on two separate occasions. I still remember the smell and taste of the antiseptic on the rescis-Anne.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why. ~ I have two actually. I would love to visit both Ireland and Australia. Both of these countries spark my imagination greatly.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically? ~ Nope, and i hesitate to even consider getting in the middle of such a thing.
10. What is the last book you read? ~ Finished? Hmm... i don't remember. They are sort of blurring all together... and i in the middle of three books currently. Stonewall Jackson: The Man, the Soldier, the Legend (an really good book IMO), Proclaiming a Cross-Centered Theology (i have just barely started this one), and to scratch my sci-fi fix - Cadian Blood.
Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random?? Me??? Um... pass...
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? ~ Currently it is the Chicken Fajita Burrito at my favorite local Mexican Restaurant. My mouth is watering just thinking about it right now.