20240328

Bringing things up to the present

 If there are any reader's left from when i posted regularly 8 or more years ago a quick update recap...

In December 2014 i was encouraged by my "beloved" (as i referred to her then) to seek a counselor for my mental health.  I had been 'spiraling' for a while and i agreed as i had no idea what else to do.  This led to an official diagnosis of Aspergers (ASD 'level' 1 now - i think), ADD/HD, and chronic depression.  What i did now know was, underlying all this was that, my "beloved" was having an affair.  While i had tried to reconcile, it was pretty not from a very good place mentally.  In the end, she reminded me that "(i) would never force her to stay with me."  We were divorced in mid-2016.  By this time, this blog had fallen silent.  For my own mental health i made the divorce as complete a break in relationship as i can.  I also took steps to secure my budding relationship with a woman i met fairly quickly thereafter.  It was pretty extreme, but i did not know how else to handle it.

While it had not been my intention, i found myself falling in love with a new woman.  One whom God has done some amazing things in bringing back some deep healing.  Some healing i did not even know i needed.  While i do not have a new blog nickname for her, i enjoy thinking of her as my unicorn.  Early on in our marriage, maybe it was during our first "time of intense fellowship", she told me, "Just because i am mad at you, that does not mean that i do not love you."  This was the first time, ever, someone has told me this.  But more than that, ever since then, she has walked that out.  

All of my children have grown and are out of my home.  Two are completely out on their own.  My middle, fellow "aspie", lives with his mother, but he has a fulltime job and drives.  I am proud of each of them.

Through all of this, God has been faithful.  He has been my guide.  My strength.  While i do not  know how, or why that all happened, i am confident that in it all, it is for His purpose and His glory.  This is a world fallen, and one that seeks to go its own way. "Therefore God gave them up in the lists of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth for God for a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen."  (Roman 1:24-25, ESV)

-=-=-=O=-=-=-



No comments: