20111021

Writer's block and other ramblings

What a whirlwind couple of weeks.  I started a new position at work, which requires some upfront commuting into the city.  Something i am NOT used to.  It has really thrown my little corner of the world into quite a whirlwind. I am reorienting myself regarding morning wake up time, Rx and vitamins (remembering to take them), keeping track of kids homework, finding time for my beloved and i to get out on a date, and all of the other routines i used to have fairly down pat.

I am loving my new job, even though i am still in the learning curve phase.  My only regret is i have been wanting to get some more writing done.  Let's be honest... i was not writing all that much before the new job.  I had been in a writing rut for quite a few months.  Part of it was due to wanting to wait until Path of the Seer by Gav Thorpe to be released.  I wanted more if his insight into the Eldar of the Warhammer 40,000 world.  But lately i have actually been having pretty good ideas... well, at least in my opinion.  I've not even written down my notes.  Mostly because i've been pretty tired lately and it clouds my memory so i will forget what i wanted to write down, or to even write at all. 

Well, a friend set a goal for herself... 100 words a day.  It can be an averaged, but she encouraged me to say just to use it as a goal per day, and allow myself the grace to excuse myself when i miss the goal.  Sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Sage said...

This is "Sage", from so very long ago. Just a good bit more grown up/mature and a lot less... christian, I suppose.
Just looked up my very old blog, and decided I wanted to say hello :)

samurai said...

Hi Sage - it has been quite a while. I am a tad sorry to hear about you being less Christian, but not entirely surprised. I pray that this finds you well. If you still have my e-mail address, feel free to drop me a line anytime sir.

~ john
aka 'samurai'