20240322

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping, into the future

"Surprise, Speed, and Violence of Action." ~ Combat arms motto 

When i was a young man, i was aimless.  I would not stay at a job for more than three of four months.  Eventually, potential employers noticed the pattern and it got to a point that even part time jobs were an option.  Top of the "Want Ads" in the newspaper was "Army National Guard".  There was so much i didn't know then, but to cut to the point here, the Infantry, particularly a "Heavy Weapons, Anti-Tank Infantryman" are not trained for very many civilian careers.  Fortunately, i am blessed in that, God was starting me on a journey that would straighten out a very wayward young man.  

While i have learned over the years that my "quote of the day", is not applicable in day to day civil life, i still do remember how it is.  But, also, i wrote a whole lot of "checks" as that young man.  Checks against the "account" of my body.  And, my body has decided to come collecting.  So, there is not a whole lot of "speed" left. 😄

Not a day goes by that I'm not smacked back into reality.  ~ Alyson Murphy 

-=-=-=O=-=-=-



 

No comments: