20240315

Our testimony and our pride

I have been talking with an associate of mine, about our respective Christian testimonies.  As we were reviewing certain times of our lives, where we overcame difficulties, we both felt that it could come across as boastful.  "Look at what we have over come."  "What we have done."  That sort of thing.  But upon reflection, those are the times we can brag, because it is especially in those times, God has been good.  He has provided our strength.  He has provided the path.  He has provided the endurance.  Even if we came out the other end covered in debris, dust, cuts, sores, bruises, and a tear stained face - He was with us.

Be unashamed of your testimony, but remember to give credit where credit is due.

"I am the vine; you are the branches.  Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."  (John 15:5, ESV)

"Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them."  (Psalm 139:16, ESV)

-=-=-=O=-=-=-


No comments: