20070420

A Tale of Two Dreams

This morning I was reminded of two dreams that I had just after I was born again back in 1989. I don't think they are anywhere on par with the story in regards to literary quality - it's just the title that came to mind. The first dream I had went something like this. I am in a long line that goes into a mountain cave like opening. Picture a line like any for an amusement park ride. I was in-line with another person that I could not identify but we were like twins. The line led to a very tall ladder that I could not see the top of. While climbing the ladder there were diving boards at periodic points where people would go out and dive off into an abyss. Every once in a while people from above would smack onto a nearby board and bounce off continuing on down into... nothing. An obvious impression of dread and darkness was everywhere. At some point there was a "man of light". He urged me to follow him and leave the cave. Although I hesitated I did eventually follow him, along with my 'twin'. The second dream was a continuation of an then recurring dream. In my dreams back then I would often find myself running through an appocolyptic city. Running from one bombed out building to another. Crashing through walls, climbing over debris, just running and running. Not really sure from what. Until I had this dream. At some point I realized that "I don' have to run anymore." I stopped, turned around, and saw a snake that was chasing me. I reached down, picked the snake up and said, "I don't have to run from you anymore". I was saved in August of '89 and I had these dreams in October. I still remember them vivedly even after all this time. After I was married I realized that my 'twin' in the first dream was my wife - even though I did not meet her until September of 1991. She was born again in October of 1989. Recently I have begin remembering my dreams again. For a very long time I thought I just did not dream any more, but they seem to be coming back to me. I think I cam going to keep a log of them... just to see. Verse for today: 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, ESV Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think you should continue to record your dreams...I love the whole dream study...but I so rarely have them.

Blessings.

:-) Susan