20080912

Football and/or Fallout Fridays

Man that was an awesome win by the Carolina Panthers last weekend. The first half of that game the Panthers controlled the clock for over 19 minutes. It is telling of how good a team the Chargers are in that it was still only 9-7 at the half. Even with the Panthers going up by 9 in the 4th quarter I was not ready to say that it was won. I got so tied up in knots that I had to stop watching the updates on my phone when Carolina drove to the San Diego 14 with 00:02 left on the clock, and it was 4th and 1. I decided to stop clicking the update button and just step back, take a breath and wait for five more minutes. Then, the game would be over and I could just check the final score. A minute and a half later my dad calls to congratulate me and tell me all about the awesome pass Delhomme threw to Rosario catch in the end zone. What makes that such an awesome phone call is that my dad is a die hard Washington Redskins fan. It has taken him a little while to accept that I had left the Redskins fan club and become a Panthers fan like I have. But we still like to talk football from time to time. He's even taken me to several Panthers/Redskins games over the years (the Redskins have won each and every one of those games - that we've attended). This week I will be cheering for the Redskins as they travel to New Orleans to take on the Saints. The Panthers are going to have a tough game against a very physical Chicago Bears club. The Bears manhandled the Indianapolis Colts last week. The slight edge in that Carolina will be at home and will not have to fly, but Coach Fox has had trouble winning at home - he is 25-24 at home while being 32-22 on the road. I won't be able to see this game live either, but you can believe I will be watching the play-by-play on my cell phone! It is only week 2 in the NFL and one cannot read too much into anything yet. Not even if the Panthers come out on Sunday evening at 2-0. There will still be 14 more games to be played. I am really trying to just enjoy football. The news on the Fallout 3 front will probably be pretty slim for the next six weeks or so. I am still pretty stoked about this game. I doubt I will be playing it for more than an hour or two a week so it will take me forever to complete the game - which is excellent. An interesting development was that Bethesda Software has changed the 'drug use' within the game. This is a link to an article explaining the specifics, but in general it is that they have taken out 'real world' name references and replaced them with generic names. Not sure what difference that makes, but... I have 'discovered' two people in the past week who have majored in "Psych" in college, but neither were currently using it. I've though about asking them if I should be worried about my interest in most things apocalyptic. But, do I really want to know the answer to that? :p lol Verse for today: Proverbs 12 : 1-5, ESV Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid. A good man obtains favor from the Lord, but a man of evil devices he condemns. No one is established by wickedness, but the root of the righteous will never be moved. An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones. The thoughts of the righteous are just; the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.

No comments: